Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Today is my afternoon duty so I am in school, till about 7.
Marking papers and thinking about where to go for the June hols. Yes..it's a typical teacher syndrome. When we are swarmed by work, we let our minds wander to a happier place. That usually keeps our sanity intact for 6 months.

Anyway, so where do you reckon a couple like us, with two kids in tow CAN go WITHOUT dying of fatique along the way? Without killing each other or throwing the two kids down some picturesque mountain?

We always end up in Australia because it's so family friendly. Alim can drive to his heart's content, Irfan can run around the endless beach till he loses steam and alisha can, well..I dont know what she likes to do other than be carried by me. She is quite choosy, this one. ..And I , I can just stone and enjoy the beach with alisha close to me. We dont need a guided tour as everything is so easily accesible by car. We can shop, rest and find food pretty easily.

we would love to go back europe but historical places would probably be out. Inititally I wanted to go Italy but by the time I get to see the colosseum and leaning tower of pisa, I would probably be all disheveled and tired out. I can just imagine us shouting, "Irfan, come here. Irfan dont touch that! Irfan not too loud!" while he runs around the place, oblivious to his screaming parents. Alisha will be screaming, crying, and i would frantically try to soothe her quickly so that I dont get the glare from the tourists who are busy listening to the guide. The best is when Irfan wants to go to the toilet and there's no toilet in sight and adik is screaming for her milk at the same time!

And all this plus trying to capture a good shot from the muscular DSLR?! Oh man, talking about it is already making me tired! Haiz.
Chaos chaos, all day long!

so italy has been crossed out..hmm next we move on to greece. I cant remember what I was watching on TV but right now all I can think of is SANTORINI! Is it crazy to bring the two kids there? I think its a good balance between seeing some ancient ruins and enjoying the beautiful beatiful islands..imagine the white walls with the blue doors, perched high up overlooking the Aegen Sea. Droolz...
And it's quite a drive- friendly place but im imagining riding on a scooter instead. Of course not possible. Mana nak campak tu dua budak?!

Think it's a good idea?

Someone suggested going to some theme parks. But im not really a fan of theme parks. We did go to gold coast with irfan last 2 years. I guess the only person who will enjoy it is Irfan. But he's not paying, so doesnt matter what he likes...hehhe. Anyway he's too short for most of the rides.

Hmm..so how? The West Coast sounds good too. There are activities for everyone; alim can drive, kids have enough entertainment to keep them occupied and I can SHOP! In some ways, i guess the west coast is similar to oz; the beach, theme parks, shopping....

How? How? How?
Alah susah susah pegi malaysia sudah. Makan puas puas and stay in a nice nice place. Kids swim till they kembang, we also can eat till we meletop!
Confirmed relax and minimal chaos...
But I cant stop thinking of Santorini leh.
Guess I will have to continue dreaming for now. ...

No comments: