Saturday, October 16, 2010

Im a slacker. Have always been.. sec sch days, jc and uni days. Always the one to miss lectures coz i always sleep late n wake up late. Not doing anythg important really, just lazing around readg, on the net or watcg tv. But for the past 6 years, that has been difficult to do.

I miss slacking...
So I got Greys anatomy season 6 ... Spent yesterday afternoon watching the episodes back to back...just like good ol times.. Well almost. With kids around, it's almost impossible to just lock ourselves up in a room and disappear. But with a sweet husband around to look after the kids, it's much easier to zone out.
Both of us have our ways of zoning out, or taking time out, or just disappear. Whatever it's called, it's just necessary time to let the body n mind rest, and to be in sleeping mode without actually dozing off.
For him it's always music and surfing.. and I'll occupy the kids. But I must say, he usually does it at night when everyone's asleep and his responsibilities are at it's least. For me, well whenever n wherever I need it. And he's always there to take over, whenever, wherever.
Slacking brings me back to my single days... Sometimes I miss my old room, with my single bed, the small tv n huge computer. I can do whatever I want, whenever I want; be it sleep at 3 am, listen to loud music or just babbling on the phone till the wee hours of the morning. I had plenty of time to do nothing, read a mag on my bed, just enjoy the quiet of my room, think about boys, mull over heartbreaks and gush over silly crushes. Those were the times. Times which have long past but times which I can still remember as if it was yesterday. But I never once wished that I will go back to that moment because if I could remember clearly, I was always wishing and praying for this moment while I sat in my single cozy bed doing absolutely nothing.
And so here I am, with some of my dreams from my old room, now being an absolute reality. So I'm happy, I'm good, but heck, I just miss slacking soooo much!
So I'm going to do just that today. Finish up the rest of greys anatomy while lying on my bed on a hot Saturday afternoon! Now if only I can get Alisha off me and pass her to my husband, my slacking will begin soon.
Let's get reacquinted, slacker:)


Posted by Blogpress IPhone-


No comments: