Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I am thankful for you- 8 years on

It was our anniversary yesterday. 8 years. I wanted to say we had gone through many ups and downs together but on second thoughts, we have not really faced any downs, given the relatively challenging, life-changing moments many others have bravely gone through. The downs we have had were nothing in comparison. But if and when such a down passes us by, we hope we stand together, solid and strong.

I am thankful for many things. I have written many times how I'm thankful most of all for having a soul such as him, love me despite my shortcomings. That love comes from a higher being and my prayer is that feeling will last till ever. I did nothing to plant that feeling but it's there, a very important fuel for this journey of 8 years. For without it, nothing would taste this sweet and wonderful. Even the tough moments didn't seem as painful and if they were, that feeling made them all worthwhile.

So what did we do on our anniversary? Well the thought of having candlelight dinner somewhere with awesome view without the kids did cross our minds. Doing something special but not knowing what to do was the sketchy plan. But I supposed we didn't want that badly enough to do something about it.

Instead we spent the day with our kids, doing things we've always done, walked the streets we've always walked and ate at our favorite place. Maybe we have turned out into a boring couple we swore we'll never be but at the end of the day, we had a good time like we always do. We can't really imagine how sitting at a candlelight dinner could make us any happier or the 8 years more special. Yes that's probably how boring we have turned out to be. The notion of celebrating anniversaries like how anniversaries should be celebrated, does not seem all so enticing. All i felt like doing was to go out with the kids and eat at our favorite place.hmm.. I wonder why.

Anyway, so here we are, 8 years...8 years of wonderful memories, of unwavering support and a hand to hold. We are learning to raise a family, to work towards that eternal destination, none of which is an easy feat. So I can never be thankful enough for a team mate who complements.

Insyaallah, many years to come, may our journey be long and blessed. To you, I appreciate you.
I am always thankful for you.

No comments: