Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Mummy's First

Irfan will be in p1 next year. Is he ready? While he can read most words, I wouldn't say he is an extremely fluent reader. His handwriting needs work and when it comes to writing sentences, some of his words are illegible. I know i cant expect perfect spelling but i feel like i can do more to help him. His Malay needs work too. I've seen much progress in maths and seems to be doing fine in that area so far.
I guess he is not doing too bad but he needs some polishing. I need time to sit down with him and help him for eg to improve on his handwriting and writing skills. I have a million and one ideas that I want to do with him; activities that we could do together to help him. But of course I need some time to do that.
I hope he is ready. More importantly, hope I am ready to be a mother of a schooling child in a country like ours. Ohh man, why can't they just remain a tiny toddler forever.. Sigh...


Posted by Blogpress IPhone-


No comments: