Sunday, June 26, 2011

The bull is out to play!

Having difficulty sleeping. Been a week now. The room is so silent and I'm still restless, fiddling with my phone.

First 3 days will be away on course and I've got a couple of things to settle before Monday. (which should have been settled like a month ago!)

The lil girl has been having terrible melt downs lately. At least once every other day. Today, twice. It can be over trivial matters and she would start crying and screaming at the top of her lungs non stop. Tried scolding her, cuddling her, psycho talk her but it takes forever for her to calm down.

She used to have these tantrums when she was younger but it got very much better. Now it's back again, much worst than ever. Her sleeping pattern has also changed quite a bit. Abang was a breeze, no tantrums so I'm a bit confused as to how to handle her screaming and wailing which
most of the time sounds like we mishandled her.

I do not want her to think that by throwing a tantrum she can get her way, but my insistence just drive her even crazier. Diverting her attention does not work at this point. Actually she will only calm down when she wants to calm down or when she gets her way, even a lil bit of it.

For example, she didn't want to bathe this morning and started screaming and wailing. We tried to talk to her but we were running late for a wedding. She then agreed to bathe but wanted to wear the same clothes which she wore to sleep, back again. Of coz she couldn't. I struggled to get her out of her clothes. She wailed her lungs out non stop, refused to let go of her clothes. Then after some time she let go of her Tshirt but insisted on bathing while holding on to her panties. I let her coz, I knew she had to have somethg go her way and it's no big deal if her panties get wet. She cooled down when I let her hold on to her panties and she was still holding on to it when I was changing her. After that she had her milk and calmed down.

She is after all a Taurus, it's symbol being a bull. And she was born in the year of the ox! I don't believe in any of this crap but it seems that it probably isn't all bullshit after all. She has got to have a lil bit of her way or else she will never be pacified. It is exhausting for us. The noise of a screaming child, her adamant nature and most of the time pressured by the fact that we are running late for something and have no time to play her "game".

It's still trial and error at the moment. I have a feeling one of the reasons might be she has been too attached to me over the hols. When we came back, I had to go back school( which resulted in one of the worst tantrum ever. I could hear her screaming for me from downstairs on the first day I had to leave her). Hopefully, when her old routine is back on again, things will be better. Insyaallah.

Hmm, or maybe she just wished she was back in santorini? She was so happy there, not a single huge melt down at all. Very manageable.

Hah, If I could, I would probably be wailing too having to go back to work and to the same routine! I would kick a fuss and throw a huge ass tantrum too! But I'm not 2 and I better not behave like one! Hehe.

Alisha, hope the temper throwing phase will end soon and you'll be your sweet self again.


Posted by Blogpress IPhone-

No comments: