Thursday, June 02, 2011

Greece, see you soon. Insyaallah!






It's a place for honeymooners, cobbled narrow streets, white-washed structure with bright blue dome and doors, the breathtaking view of the caldera and out of the world sunsets.

As usual, Im apprehensive about trips with the kids and have a long endless list of worries, you wouldnt believe it! And i wouldnt state my worries here, cause it would just make me sound CRAZY!

Pray for us that our journey be a safe one, especially the kids' health and well being. It's not a place for 6 and 2 year olds, but we wouldn't be able to stand missing them so much if we were to leave them. And we know for sure that no amount of beauty can make up for not having them with us. That much we know.

Other than that, we really do not know what to expect. We've booked the jacuzzi suite above and kids below 13 are actually not allowed into the suite because it's sitting high up on the cliff of Santorini. But we managed to change the owner's mind somehow.

We are thinking of renting a car to get around. Honestly, it was a last minute destination and we have not done much research yet. All I had in mind when I booked the tickets was that I wanted a suite perched high up in any part of Santorini with fantastic view, incredible sunset and a jacuzzi. I  have this mental picture in my head that I just cant shake off.

So, we have about 5 days to get everything together. Other than the room above, we have not booked our accomodation in Athens. We have not even decided what we want to do there (other than watch the view) and see the Acropolis and Parthenon. We are used to destinations that are packed with grounds to cover, places to visit and plenty of research to do. But we promised ourselves that this time we'll spend more time soaking in the hot tub, marvelling at the view.

Praying for a safe journey! Greece, see you soon, insyaallah!

P.S. Contrary to some people's perception that I have an overflowing stash in the bank (so much money ah, everytime travel?) , I actually do not.
I do have a comfortable sum (alhamdullilah) but I CHOOSE to use whatever (little or much) I have to travel instead of other things. I saved like crazy, why do you think I'm so skinny (save until never eat) and my clothes are repeated and extremely boring ?

1 comment:

Aida said...

I'm so excited to see your pictures! I know you've been wanting to go to Greece and visit Santorini and I'm glad you made your dream come true.
PS: Don't care what people say. Some people choose to shop, some people choose to eat, you choose to travel. Nothing wrong with that. It's your own life and your own happiness. Live it the way you want it.