Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The first week of school was tiring but exciting!! It's amazing how just doing something different can uplift your level of enthusiasm. It was like a breath of fresh air, seated at a new, extremely clean n tidy table, surrounded by a group of colleagues that shares, gossips and JOKEs! I'm relieved to be out from the sterile environment. Well maybe it wasn't that bad to begin with, but getting to mingle with a different group of people is indeed a welcoming change.

The highlight though, will be starting the year with a whole load of planning, monitoring of dept stuff totally off my chest! I didn't have to start the year, making sure plans are in store. Cracking my brains on how to mobilize my dept. Last year, i knew i was at the deep end, when i realized i wasnt cracking my brains anymore. I was merely going through the motion and i knew that it wasn't a good sign.

I used the time i have now to put a lot of thought into my lessons. Getting to know the 8 year olds were nerve wrecking for me, believe it or not but honestly, there are just too cute to be badly scolded. Each pupil is unique and with a class of only thirty lil people, I plan to get to know them inside out by the end of the year.:) I felt like a beginning teacher, relearning everything again, all excited abt a new beginning.

And then, there's that lil student I call my son. He said the first week has been great for him. Everytime he spots me, he will give me a smile and a lil wave. At first, I used to glare at him but after a while I figured, he will get sick of it at his own accord. No kid can be too happy that his mum is in the same sch for too long, right?!:) He's just excited to be in the same school as me- for now at least.

But honestly, it's not too bad being able to see your son in school, catch glimpses of him eating, playing or just interacting with his peers. But the best thing for me is being able to share the same experiences with him. In a way I'm getting to know my
son better.

And being in the afternoon session also means I get to spend a good amount of time with Alisha n irfan in the morning, at the start of the day when I'm
fresh and energetic.:)

So all in all, things have been great. Looking forward to another day:)




Posted by Blogpress IPhone-

No comments: