Monday, June 18, 2012

Bye bye birdie:)

He was all smiles and in high spirits on the way to the doc. In tow was his loyal supporter, who was more afraid of the whole ordeal than her brother was. She already told us right from the start that she wanted to follow him to the doc but would not be going into the doc's room.

The boy and her loyal supporter
The boy, on the other hand, didn't quite know what kind of pain he was going to go through. So he was smiling right up to when he was lying on the small 'operating bed' with the lights shining down on him. Right up to when the doc lifted his jubah n swiped his birdie with some cold swab of cotton wool. He was still smiling.

In high spirits, waiting for his turn at the clinic!:) So kesian.
After which, I left the room coz only one person was allowed in and I decided to leave it to the daddy to reminisce his 'bye bye birdie' experience many many years ago.

And then, from outside, I heard the cries. (Irfan's cries, not the daddy's, in case you are wondering:) And my heart felt like breaking. I would have cried too if I had 3 injections down there and then have someone snip it off. Ewww.. Just the thought of it made me weak in the knees.

Barely 15 mins later, he came out in tears. My breaking heart broke into pieces. In between tears, he said,"It was veryyy painful." I think he didn't expect that it will be THAT painful! I gave him a hug and told him how brave he was. I remembered how he was smiling just a few minutes ago...so kesian.

On the way home. Tears on his face.
At home, the ordeal wasn't over for him. His first few pee was excruciatingly painful. Alim was more patient, coz he probably knew how painful it was. On his first pee, the boy said, "I don't want to sunat ever again!" Yes boy, we will grant you that wish. Promise!

Day 1: My dad put the old skool wire in his jubah to prevent his birdie from touching the jubah.
Reminded me of my brothers' circumcision years years ago.
Smiles all gone!:(:(
Day 2: Mak Long, Pak Long and Qistina gave him a Nerf gun for his fly away birdie.
Now he's smiling!!


It's his third day today and he is healing well. He's playing, walking but once in a while, he still fear peeing and passing motion. The ring will probably drop off in a few days. Inshallah, he will heal quickly and get back to his normal self!

Day 3: Wire's off and play time!
Come near my birdie again and I'll SHOOT!
You've been a brave boy, Irfan. We are all proud of you!

No comments: