Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stone me! Stone me! Rid the devil! Rid the devil!

In one of our exhausting arguments, my mother said, " dalam badan Ain ada setan"

Now don't be alarmed by that. I am used to such things thrown at me since I was young. And I'm expected not to get angry or frustrated over that because well, no one should raise their voices on their mothers.

What if i'm hurt by the statement? Well, I just got to surpress my anger till my face turn blue.

But of course I'm no angel and time and time again I flare up, raise my voice rudely and get frustrated. Yes, maybe I do have a big setan residing in my body, eating my soul.

But the argument is not the point of this entry.

I didnt know that my lil girl was listening to our argument. She didn't look like she was listening.

Much much later, she came to me in the room and said,

"I love you. Don't be sad, ibu. I will take some stones and throw them at all the setans in your body. They will not be there anymore."

Hahahahaha.
I laughed when I heard that. But In so many levels that statement could be very deep indeed!

1) as if she knew the notion of throwing stones at jamrah during hajj as a symbol of throwing stones at the devil and bad deeds. She could have probably learnt this in sch.

2) she made me realize that if i continue showing anger to my mum outwardly, I might just deserve to have stones thrown at me. To wake me up, to make me realize what i have done. Now or in hell.
Now I'm over thinking it.

3) without her knowing, she has actually helped me throw a stone or two at the setan in me. Coz after she said that the anger simmered and I could manage a smile. :)

My sweet girl, pls don't be like me when you grow up. Although I must say, karma can be a hard thing to avoid.

No comments: