Monday, April 26, 2004

humdrum of life

the humdrum continues...
nuthing great happened today, considering my day had not even started actually. i mean it did, i went to work and all but its all the usual...
well, like all great jokes, punchlines always come at the end. that's basically what my days are like. the HIGHlight are always after 8pm, when the Sun has long set and the flats in HDB blocks off their lights one by one. maybe my life IS a joke after all.
and so, im waiting right now, for the Mondeo to park itself at the foot of my block, to take me away and give my sanity back. mixing around with 10 year olds too much is not healthy, not to my sanity nor my vocabulary.
but truth be told, my students are beyond adorable. they are infectious. they infect you with their simplicity, mischief and unintentional hilarity. the fattest boy in my class doze off in his seat today, amidst me explaining parallel and perpendicular lines, his head swaying back and forth and at last, hitting his own potruding, almost exploding stomach. To which, he woke up, all startled and alarmed. and what could the teacher do? what could i do?
Laugh of course!
and laugh i did. the rest of the kids looked at me, wide eyed. they must be thinking, "Wah never get scolding ah??"
Another kid tripped over his own shoe while walking to class just now and kissed the ground with a loud thud. He immediately stood up and gave me a huge wide grin....like its the best thing that has happened to him.

All in a day's work..

Mondeo, where art thou???

No comments: