Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Sophie, save me

Sophie, save me

I think my vision is starting to cloud.
Im stepping into the adult world where a huge drape falls over my eyes
and i lost sight of the beauty of the little ripple in the sea,
the long trail of ants
and my own reflection in the puddle.
time is no longer a luxury.
the sea is now nuthing but mass of water.
ants and puddles are just quickly stepped over.
sophie, save me, im stuck deep inside the rabbit's fur.
im trying to stay on top coz forgetting this is what i fear.

i look around me and almost everyone is running somewhere. busy, busy, busy.
am i missing something?
i dunno why we are running when it gets us nowhere.
sorry it DOES gets us somewhere.
it gets us further and further away from things that matters most.
is this the price i have to pay to be accepted in this lion(dragon?) city?
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and progress for our nation...
in what order of importance is that, if i may ask?
whose happiness?
whose prosperity?
n we sure have progressed
just take a look at our young,
with their LV bags and Gucci watches,
designer labels stuck at the backs of their revealing tops
who are to say we have not?

there's still hope.
especially with 5 day week soon
at least i have the weekends to look at the trail of ants,
ripples in the sea
and my reflection in the puddle.
more time to climb out of the rabbit's fur.
and maybe i can achieve some happiness, prosperity and progress of my own,
not the least bit in a material way.
hope is indeed a wonderful thing

No comments: