Saturday, March 11, 2006

Belle of the Ball

We were sitting around, listening to songs when he said tis song's for me...

"You tried to be polite,
thinking you were right,
only to find you're unkind

but ironically,
You will always be
belle of the ball,
At least to me"
-Symmetry by Mew

when he said the song's for me, i laughed out loud.
go read the lyrics again.
Flattery peppered with some ugly truth.
nuthing typically sweet which a typical husband dedicates to his beloved wife.
but then again, thats him.
but im smiling anyway, more like laughing out loud.
coz yeah, its so very true, i gotta give it to him. bulls eye.
thats me. trying my best to be polite but cant hide the fact that im evil to him on most days.
i always think im right. yep no doubt about that.
he noes me best. yes i cant hide.

and thats him, at least to him, im the belle of the ball,
despite all else.
ironic, cupid must have been blind.
and thank god for that.

a song like that for me just makes me wanna punch the guy and hug him all at the same time.

but i think i noe which i'd rather do...;)

No comments: