Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sometime in the future



My parents must have felt like how i do now. It was them in the picture many years ago. Im beginning to see things which i didnt before.
Loving your child too much can be detrimental. But u just cant help it.
In your eyes, you want to believe your child is the smartest, the cutest, the brightest. Even the critic that I am.
You hope for the greatest things for your child.
It's every parent's wish to see their child succeed in life.

I understand now why some parents cover up their child's flaws even when its so obvious to others.
I understand too why most parents brag about their child. I might be guilty of that too.

I cant imagine how heartbreaking it must feel, when your child grows up to be what you fear most.

You would probably look back and think of pictures such as these...
and probably still look at him in the same doting way,
no matter what or how he turned out to be...
and no matter what others say, be it society, professionals or kpo neighbours and relatives.

In the end, you'd believe what you want to, even if it is the furthest from the truth.

No comments: