Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memories with Art

I remembered many years ago when we were dating, music was one of the many things we shared. Now, listening to certain songs will still remind us of a shared memory, a particular place or an incident that would otherwise be long forgotten.

I remembered going to Tower Records at Pacific Plaza( now non existent anymore) with Alim and purchasing my first Art Fazil CD. By the way, I miss tower records. It used to be a place we frequent on our dates, oh u know,those days when we were young and dizzy with love...hahaha!!

At that period, there were only 2 Malay artists I liked, art fazil and m Nasir. And many years later, came the surge of Indonesian bands like Sheila on seven, padi etc.

But Art Fazil"s songs were one of the songs that accompanied us on many of our bus trips, sharing earphones over the bulky Cd player(which of course sound so very kental now!) and later played over the stereo in the car.

That was a decade ago. 10 years ago, the dawn of a new millenium.

So when Alim surprised me with these tixs last night, it pretty much made up for the entire week of "misery".



It was great listening to him again, although he played only one Malay song from the cd we purchased. But I had a great time, no less!:)

I can't thank u enough for the thoughtful surprise tickets, and more so for the pieces of shared memories from a decade ago.
Xoxo..

Posted by Blogpress IPhone-

No comments: