Monday, November 21, 2011

Down and out

After a week or so of self medication and silent battle with the flu bug, I finally succumbed today to a merciless, full blown bout of headache, bodyache, runny nose, cough and finally, fever. Had to finally give in and spend 40 bucks on some zyrtec and antibiotics. Urghh, 30 something year old body finding it difficult to win these days without the extra help from a course of antibiotics. Like a champion in denial, I went to school today and survived! But every few minutes, was wondering why didn't I just call in sick and rested. My head was heavy and aching all over, every 3 minutes, I wished I had been at home, on my bed. After what seemed like eternity, 4.30pm came and I went to the doctor, admitting that my antibodies were just not strong enough.
I took my medication and slept for a bit just now. I had a lil dream of sorts, of one moment, having a colleague say how often I'm taking mc, and then another blurred scene of my principal sitting in my meeting and shaking her head because someone said I was on mc. It's not too difficult to guess what my subconscious was thinking.
My head is throbbing as I'm typing this. The doc said I'm having a nasty flu and gave me 2 days mc. I can't afford both but I know I need a day to completely recover.
Whether my dream is actually a premonition, I will probably find out soon. But honestly, with the state I'm in now, I seriously can't be bothered!

Oh wow, look at that. Such a super long entry just to say I'm sick! I'm done now. Need to continue with my slumber and let the antibiotics work it's magic.

At ten tonite, I have to muster my strength to make my way to the airport. Alim is going to China with his kids. And I'm very sure, the next ten days will feel like forever.

I'm starting to feel depressed already. And I suspect it's not so much from the flu:(

Posted by Blogpress IPhone-


No comments: