Friday, March 08, 2013

Growing up

My kids are growing up so fast. It's scary. We tried on a bag for irfan the other day at manhattan and he looks so adult in it that I decided not to get it for him. I would like to keep him kiddish for a lot longer, if that is possible.
My little girl is also looking more 'kakak kakak' now and she herself claims to be one. I must say for her age, she is rather independent. Partly because she has a younger sibling and an older brother. The younger one gets my attention and the older brother sets an example. She gets ready on her own for school. She gets up, bathes on her own( though I feel the need to supervise her once in a while to ensure she's cleaning herself properly), wipes herself dry, puts powder, puts on her clothes, with buttons and all and packs her bag for school which includes ensuring her water bottle and snack box is in her bag. She puts on her own tudung and shoes and off she goes.
Although I must say, she has her lazy days when her true age surfaces and she just drags her feet everywhere and does nothing.
But on normal days, she's independent and I take her to be older than she is sometimes. I'm reminded that she's only 3 turning 4, when she asks for milk in a bottle or when she insists on sleeping with us in our beds. Sometimes she will purposely speak in a babyish language or wants to be carried. We try to give her what she needs when she needs it, depending on her cue.
I guess being in the middle is not easy.

Here's some pics. Good nite!







No comments: