Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Holiday 2014

It's the holidays again. Usually I will be looking forward to this day to cross oceans and continents into new lands and be far and away. But somehow not this year. I have no idea why.

This year I just needed to be home and rest.  To take in the little things. To spend quiet quality time with the kids without having to go anywhere or be at any place. To just paint, draw, read, swim and spend time talking to them. To cycle, to lay in bed, to dream, to take time to do holiday projects which we have always wanted to do. I have no idea why.

I'm thankful for having a nice place to do all that. Thankful to be able to pretend I'm on holiday when I'm not.  Thankful to have every little moment with my kids. But it's really not just about the place but the ability to be anywhere and just enjoy every little moment. Because someday soon perhaps we might not be able to anymore.

Maybe soon when shahid is slightly older we'll pack our bags and travel again. Insya Allah kalau ada rezeki. There are so many beautiful places out there but I'm sure all of us know how it feels to fall in love with one place, no matter how many countries we have been to. There is always this one place u can never get your mind off. Be it europe, new zeland, greece etc.I have a special spot too and I pray I will be able to bring my kids there one day and let them feel how i felt when i was there.
So this break, we are really taking a break from all the travelling, all the working and just taking time to rest, spend time with each other and perhaps learn something new along the way.

To all having your holidays, enjoy the well deserved break with your loved ones!

No comments: