Friday, September 01, 2006

i never knew how challenging teaching is until i joined the teaching profession. honestly, the prospects of having school holidays was one of the few reasons i joined the teaching profession.

it wasnt coz i had an undying desire to mould the future. or the burning passion to imbibe knowledge into the young minds. neither was it my lifelong ambition. i suppose MOE didnt know all these when they decided to recruit me.

i didnt know what i got myself into until i actually started my career. it was downright difficult, exhausting and very very very demanding. and when put in a situation like this, u either quit or struggle to overcome the challenges. i did the latter and i didnt even have time to think why.

i complain non stop, to everyone around me. and after six years, it made me wonder why im still here. and i realize, somewhere along the line, i have fallen in love with my job without knowing it. i must have loved something about it, if not i would have never been able to withstand the pressures and stress.

like most teachers, i'm here everyday in school for one one reason. the students.
they come to school everyday expecting me to teach them something, waiting to learn with me. they can be downright irritating most times, but u noe they dunt have malicious tots in them like most adults do. they are just innocently being themselves, no pretences.

No comments: