Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Little ones

The little 'kakak' , (as she calls herself now and persistently reminds us to do the same), is pretty psyched about having a little one in the house.

So what has 'kakak' been up to of late? Everyday as I leave for work, she kisses my tummy and says, "Bye Bye adik, kakak is going to miss you!!!!' and plop a kiss on my tummy. The first thing she does when I get home is to kiss my tummy and scream with full dramatic effect, "Baby, you are home! kakak miss you!!"
I have no idea how she will react when the baby really does come out.

Irfan, on the other hand is concerned about anything that could possibly go wrong. He wants to know if I'm ok or if I have any bleeding. He also finds it amusing that he is going to be a big brother to two lil ones. When asked how he feels , he keeps shaking his head, saying, "how am I going to take care of 2 when I can't even handle one?!"
Cracks me up all the time!:)

And so Alisha accompanied me to my scan the other day as alim had to work late. She was wonderful company, stayed by my side and marveling over the screen as we saw the baby's heartbeat, little arms and legs and the lil squiggles which she and I tried to make out. She whispered in my ear what she thought each part was, much to the sonographers amusement too. She mistook the backbone for the baby's set of teeth, well it kinda look closest to a set of teeth! It was just amazing having her beside me, by the bed, holding my hand and looking over the screen with me. it's pretty hard to describe the feeling:) I don't think I can quite forget that day:)

And then came the big reveal. It was pretty obvious actually, I did spot a lil something sticking out quite starkly between the two tiny legs. Yes, it's a boy! Alisha didn't seem to mind at all, surprisingly. Maybe she knows that would mean she doesnt hv to share her title of being daddy's precious lil girl with anyone else.:)

After we left the scanning room, she said to me, "I love the baby boy." I hope she really does:) I'm not sure she knows what to expect having a baby boy or a baby girl in the house and I don't think she has a clue how she will actually feel when there is a younger sibling in the house.

We fetched irfan from sch after that and the moment he entered the car, he screamed, "so Is it a boy or a girl, ?!"
He was excited but said he had actually hoped it was a girl so that Alisha and the baby can play together. "but a boy is ok too! I can pass my toys to him." He said as an afterthought.

The kids are obviously excited which makes me excited too. Alhamdullilah, the detailed scan showed that everything is great so far. I'm praying for everything to be fine coz like I said before, perfection is indeed a miracle, HIS work. The best I can do is eat right and pray for the best.

Oh and guess who else are excited about the whole thing? My 8 year olds in class! They kept asking if I was pregnant and I finally told them just now. And boy were they excited!! They actually clapped their hands, wowed and wahhed and congratulated me! Haha. I was also bombarded with questions of course, "is it a boy or a girl?"what are u going to call him?""when is it coming out?""can u bring him to school one day?" One silly boy asked me," where is the baby now?" For my own amusement, I replied, " he's in the 'beFORE wORLD.'" He looked utterly confused! I chuckled to myself. Haha. Ok, ok, I will go through the meaning of 'pregnant' with him again on mon...obviously when i said I was pregnant, he didn't know what that meant.

and then, during my periods with them later on, I heard someone said, "shh don't make mdm noraini shout, she's pregnant, remember!" well of course they kept quiet but only for a few brief minutes, before they made me shout at them again. Oh well..at least they tried I guess...

Well kids' excitement can rub off on me, I suppose. I'm excited too now and hoping that everything will be fine,Insyallah.

Till later...

1 comment:

Aida said...

Yeay!!! I'm super excited for you too! Alhamdulillah all went well. Now I can shop for you!!! :)