Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Nostalgic rAiny days

Nostalgic rAiny days

oh-weeee its raininggg...i like it when it rains, the overcast and coolness reminds me of my younger days, when i played camping camping with my older brother.

i still remember the soft, red checkered blanket we used as tents, with the 4 edges spread out and lowly tied to 4 chairs carefully placed at each corner. then we will stacks pillows after pillows underneath. when our tent is ready and all comfy, we will crawl under the blanket and curl ourselves inside. sometimes when it gets too dark coz of the rain, we will bring in torchlights and switch em on. all in the comforts of our living room.

rainy days also remind me of the smell of doughnuts and library books. one rainy day when i was very lil, my mum brought me to the library and we had doughnut gula afterwards.

i also remember playing fishing fishing with my brother. our double decker bed became our ship, one sapu lidi as fishing rod, benang as fishing line and cut out paper fish. and our bait was special cause its magnet bars. i remember drawing many many fish and cutting em out, then stapling them one by one. the staples must go near the mouth area, cause baits are usually stuck to the mouth aren't they? so once they r ready, we littered the fishes on the "sea" floor and we sat bersila on our bed. 1,2,3 and we throw out our fishing line with the magnet at the end. who catches the most fish wins, or rather, who could get the most fish stuck to their magnets will win. my brother taught me that game, and till now i tot that was so clever.

but of coz, after a few years my brother grew up and became too cool and ekshen to play with me :(

me all nostalgic now. i miss my childhood days.

No comments: