Friday, May 14, 2004

Love regardless

Love Regardless

Time is 12.10am and Im still up. Its a hot, humid night. And another late one for me. dunno why, just can't get these eyes to shut on me. guess it was the can of Shark I had just now. i was desperate and needed a cooling drink and Shark was the only drinkable, super cold drink in my fridge. unless, i want prune juice, which is my constipated mum's choice of drink nowadays. no offence mak, hope u go to the toilet more often now.

just finished watching O.C just now, prior to dat, American Idol and some channel switching now and then to Channel I. It's showing another "reality" T.V thing, Average Joe or something. It's pretty much like the bachelorette, except, the guys are not the usually hunky hunky type, just ordinary pple, some worst then ordinary but i shall not comment further. hence the title.

MAerican Idol was a real let down. What were the voters thinking???? LAtoya London out???!!! and i thought I was tone death!! I don't watch american idol that often but often enough to know who sings and who croaks. Do people vote only based on these girls' voices? it'll be a miracle if that happens. nahh, that never happens. look no further but in our lil island itself. Hands up those who thinks meritocracy is TOTALLY practiced here. think our pledge 'regardless of race, language or religion'...now, now,how many times have we doubted that line that we so religiously say evry morning (for me and thousands of students and teachers, at least) because when reality stares us in the face, we realized, race, language and religion do set us apart. some to their advantage, others as a liability. and i have a sick feeling, that's how american idol is voted.

O.C is fantastic to watch. cause it's brainless, entertaining and a mean brew of pretty people. perfect ingredient to high ratings. especially for tired pple like us, who at the end of the day, wants to be immersed in anything but the real world. and u noe, the " i like you, u like me, but both dunt want to say" kinda show...well that seems to be a hit. tried and tested formula. we wait and wait episodes after episodes for them to be together,our hearts flutter each time they r together on screen...we noe we r being bought, but hey we watch it anyway.

which reminds me. found Reality Bites VCD in HMV last night. bought it. another one of the " u like me, i like you but both dunt want to say" kinda movie. I remember watching it more than 7 years ago and liking it soooo much. remembered wanting to be like winona ryder back then. her short hair and red sleeveless top that she wore in the movie. if im not wrong, i actually snipped off the sleeves of one of my red T-shirts...hmmm...hey, what can i say, i was at an impressionable age...hmmm..
should watch the VCD soon. I can't wait to see if i would have the same reaction as I did 7 years ago.

so if u see me with a snipped off, sleeveless red T-shirt, you know what's the story, morning glory.

off i go to dreamland for now.

No comments: