Saturday, May 08, 2004

Shortsighted

life could be quite a dread
but still, the sun shone one me today
and the rAin still falls
though sometimes i wish they wouldn't.
how would i be if im you, you and you
those faces in the mrt?
and the occupants of the flats
and the foreign faces in the virtual world,
and the cleaners in my school?
how do you, you and you lead your lives?

i can't live in a cycle of my life
to work, get married, have children, grow old and finally depart,
taking the last flight home.
im sure there is more meaning to life than this.
what's the point of trying too hard?
to pretend im doing fine, when every cell in me is
struggling to break lose.
to break this cycle of my life
where work is the central
where pleasing the boss is integral,
at the end of the day, would it matter?
who would it matter to?

strip me of all the burdening titles
of daughter, wife, daughter in law, Head of shIT, subordinate
and just give me one thing-----
----freedom

No comments: