Tuesday, June 29, 2004

5 mths down the road

5 mths down the road

it suddenly dawned on me that in exactly 5 mths, I'd be someone's wife, id be a married woman. 5 mths from now, it would be a lovely Monday, the day after the whole wedding ceremony is over and me being in my 3rd day as a wife. im excited, yes i truly am but im also very afraid. me? a wife? am i ready to live with someone, day and nite? to carry out all the responsibilities and expectations of a good wife? Im really thankful to have met someone who can give and take and learn to overlook my many flaws, who is not so particular about things. but i know, i can do more to make him even happier.

no matter how much modernity has changed the mindsets and social construction of women, i still very much hold conservative views. i dunno why, but i still strongly believe that an important role of a wife is to take care of all her husband's needs especially his "makan minum". (dunno how to say that in English. i always hear my mum say this, so use loh) I want to be the wife who irons her husabnd' shirt (aNn,u r my inspiration u noe!must learn from u!), who makes him drinks when he gets back, cooks his favourite meal often and things like dat....

but if i were to look at things now, i dunno if im capable of it. i can cook if i want to, but most of the time, i dunt want to. its not one of my fav things u noe. i dunt even make drinks for my dad now, or for myself for that matter and im so lousy at ironing! aiyo...how???!!!

D, don't back out ahHHH...anyway u noe all that already rite and u still want to sign contract ahh...so dont last minute back out ahh...

my mum says when the day comes, i will learn and i will be just fine. i sure hope so lah, tapi im a bit the stubborn...sometimes i always want my way...but sayang nyer pasal akan aku cuba jugaklahhh..

so till the day comes, right now, i better practice practice dulu. and enjoy my laziness to the fullest, nanti dah tak leh lagik. nak jadi bini org u! :)

No comments: