Saturday, June 12, 2004

The First and the Last

Remember these?



I couldnt sleep and was rummaging thru my CD rack, listening to the CD i got frm her for D-day (right), when i stumbled upon the white CD on the left. It got me smiling. Keane was spining on my stereo, and finding this CD has made me realised the Circle the team has gone thru. That CD was the first CD a girl gave me sometime almost 5 years ago. It may not be much, but the first CD was the first step. We begin things by taking the first few initial steps, no matter how hard it takes. I guess we were brought together by music. Our first few conversations was on music. Our first few exchanges was based on music. It was a CD. It gave me a reason to see her again.

We were brought together by the soothing sounds of Paranoid Android and radiohead. It got me Thinking About You and from the brief rendevous at Lau Pa Sat, I Just Cant Get my Eyes off You. Mothers Weep, Children speak, so much violence has sprung around us eversince we met. The mystical sounds of Bjork has kept us company when she was getting a bachelor and a bachelorette. Now the word springs again, and she wishes a party at embassy. So I say, Hey YEAH! and why not give her a bash this september, coz, Its Your Birthday. And the case of the ex, I know I can, Cause nobody does it better.

And now the Keane CD gift. I realised the team has gone thru a full circle, from a start, to an end. The end marks a new begining of Life that is to come in November. Friends are now Lovers. Hopes are realised by Fears. The analogy of the CD has made us stronger with the First step that we will soon partake together. Music has filled every chapter of our lives. Tunes has underlined each page that we turn in our Lil black book.


Friends and Lovers
Hopes and Fears

Everybody's Changing

You say you wander your own land
But when I think about it
I don't see how you can

You're aching, you're breaking
And I can see the pain in your eyes
Says everybody's changing
And I don't know why

You're gone from here
Soon you will disappear
Fading into beautiful light
'cos everybody's changing
And I don't feel right

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing and I don't feel the same

No comments: